Friday, February 4, 2011

Judge ??

Marty had been a Municipal judge and just before the filing deadline he files to be a candidate against one of our better judges.  
I say, Marty are you nuts?  He's one of the most popular judges we ever had.  He says,
I know that, that's why nobody else has filed.   The last day for filing passes and Marty is BEAMING, he says,
I’m going to be a circuit court judge.  I say,
"Hah, hah you forget a minor item like the election."  As he is walking to the tee he says,
"I am not going to win the election."
In my opinion Marty was more than qualified to be a circuit judge, one thing for sure, he knew the law and he was also a  decent person.  Election is over and the present judge gets 72% of the vote.  Marty files a suit contending the judge was ineligible to run.  It seems Marty had a different opinion of the new age limit law, passed by the legislature, which everyone else thought grandfathered in all present judges.  Marty’s interpretation won the day and Marty became a circuit court judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment