Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waldo

Waldo

Waldo came late to tennis.  He was a senior in high school, athletic  and had good eye hand coordination.  But his real talent was fixin stuff.  If your car radio went out or if you wanted to add speakers, get Waldo.  As for girls, he  always seemed to have a different girl friend.  There was a whole contingent from Brazil who were always asking me if I knew where he was.  Well anyway graduation was on tap and Waldo told me he was worried about the ceremony.  The teacher said everyone in the class had to wear black shoes.  He didn't have any and he didn't want to ask his Mom.  It also meant he didn't want to say that in front of  his classmates.  I canvassed all the adult players to solve the problem, but no luck.  So Waldo graduated wearing a pair of my black shoes, almost 3 sizes too big, with toilet paper in the toes.  Now Waldo is an adult and a  volunteer for Dwight's Computers for Kids and incidentally, whenever one of my printers goes on the fritz, I call Waldo.   And, it hasn't happened yet but,  if another kid has the black shoe problem, I still have the shoes.

Please 'CLICK' your reaction in a box, just below. 
(You can make a comment too, if you know how.)

2 comments:

  1. It's outstanding to see a talented young man like Waldo helping other youngsters. Dwight's Computers is a great program and we all have times when we need someone to fix our computer or loan us a pair of shoes. I appreciate that people like you and Waldo are there to step up. I'm also glad you still have the shoes. One just never knows when...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, Waldo is great on explaining and extending the life of my my HP printers

    ReplyDelete