Saturday, January 1, 2011

Seymour


Seymour was a financial whiz.  I’m in his office, when the phone rings.    . . .Seymour says, "What? . .  My check bounced?   .  Put the manager on.  What’s your name?  I’m coming right over."  Among other things he says to me, "I don’t believe it.    If you want to come, come on."  The bank is down the street on the corner of Pinetree and 41st.  We go in, he finds the guy he spoke to who says the manager is coming in now.  We see him and we follow him into his office.  He says,  Mr. Rubin, what’s the problem?" 
"What’s the problem?  Why did you bounce my check?" 
"Ehhh . . Let me make some calls .  . ."
"’It was the signature Mr. Rubin.’  We're just protecting you."
"Is the check here?  Can you get it please?"  Someone brings in the check.  He asks, "Who is it made out to?" 
"So and so Company."
"Sound familiar to you?"
"Yes sir, its your company."
"This is a $10,000.00 check to cover a deposit on a deal I'm making.  You question my signature on a check from my account at this bank, which I endorse and deposit to my company, which account, is also at this bank.???"
"Ehhh, ehhh, Mr . . . ."
Seymour  holds up his left hand . . ."Never mind, he takes a memo pad from the desk, writes on it,  gives to the manager and says,
"I want you to call this number, ask for this name and tell him whatever the hell you want to tell him and it better be good . . . . ", I say,
"Seymour, its all your fault."
"What?"
"Well If you came into the bank more often they would know you better and they wouldn’t have bounced your check."
"Will you shut the hell up."   He usually doesn’t talk that way.

Please 'CLICK' your reaction in a box, just below.

No comments:

Post a Comment