Friday, October 14, 2011

Rae and more of HEA


Howard & Rae


I help kids learn to play tennis and its almost time  for me to leave for Moore Park.  Rae says,
"Why do you always disagree with me?"
"What are you talking about? I always agree with you."
"Well last night you agreed with Marilyn when she said Alicia lived in Atlantic City, after I said she lived in Vineland"
"That's not disagreeing with you, she does live in Atlantic City"  Too late, she gave me one of her better pinches."
I'm working with this 12 year old at the park and I'm at the net. A big kid on the adjoining court takes a wild swing  and belts a ball which comes directly at me, and WHACKS me in the ribs. BANG!!!


Its late and we're getting ready for bed, the TV is on.  I make sure Rae can see me as I take off my shirt.
"What in the world is that??"
"This? Its nothing, I can hardly feel it?
"But how . . . .I mean. . . .
"Well I don't want to say anything,  Don't you remember pinching me?"
"I did that?"
"The body makes bruises look much worse as we get older."
"Ohhhhh, Howard . . . .
The rest of the evening was very pleasant, and that beautiful, very ugly bruise mark remained visible for almost two months. 

Please 'CLICK' your reaction in a box, just below.

No comments:

Post a Comment