Friday, October 28, 2011

You're FIRED!!!


Darlene, a Miami Beach City staff member at North Shore tennis Park, says,
'Mr. Irvine (head of the  recreation Dept.) called and left a message for you to see him in his office today, after 2 and before 4."
"Thank you Darlene."
"Hey Bill, whats up?"
"Bad news Howard, we have to terminate your contract with the City." (authorization to run a  city kids tennis program for $0.00 per year.)
"What's the reason Bill?"
"We received a letter about you and its signed by about 50 people."
"Can I see the letter?"
"I suppose so, come into my office I'll get it."
I'm sitting in a chair facing his desk while he gets a manila folder and takes out of it a letter on tablet paper , which he hands  to me..Its not signed but there are signatures from top to bottom on the other side.
After a minute or two Bill says. "What are you smiling about? "   
"Bill, This letter is complimentary to me,  You can't use this to terminate me"  
"What?"
"Let me read it to you.  There are 4 numbered items. #1 says, 'Howard is not a very good tennis player and he should not be trying to teach tennis to kids.'  #2 Says, "Howard is not a nice person and should be kept away from kids."
"That's complimentary?"
" Wait a minute, . . . .#3 says 'He spends a lot of time on the court with Victor.  Much more time with him than what he spends with my son Mike and the other kids."
"Bill, very frankly that's the reason for the letter.  His job lets him off early enough for him to pick his kid up from school every day , and get him to the park before any of the other kids. Then he puts him on the court where I work with the kids.  Every single day. There are too many kids.  I have time for about one lesson a week for each kid. .plus I  monitor them when they are on the court playing,  As for Victor, his mother has three jobs and I do help him a little more. I explained that to Mike and told him, I'll work with you once a week, maybe twice if I have time. He understands, but I guess his dad is not happy about it.   There are  . . . . ."
"OK, I get your point.  Forget it."  He takes the letter from me, starts to leave the office and says, " I have a meeting in the manager's conference room in five minutes."

Please 'Click''your reaction in a box, just below.  (You can make a comment too, if you know how.) n in a box, just below.

No comments:

Post a Comment