Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gabriel and Social Studies.



 
Gabriel came to the US from Mexico.  He and his brother, who is  a few years older, are nice kids and good in school.  It looks like its going to rain and Gabriel looks unhappy.  I say, "something wrong? "
He says, "Well I can't get my social studies, its so different, and I  have a
test on it tomorrow."
"Got your book?" 
"Its in my back pack."  
"Go get it." 

Rafael, Gabrael, Jennifer
We go  where we wont get wet and I start to talk to  him.  "Don't try to remember this stuff but lets see if you can understand it.  If you don't understand something tell me or better yet, ask me a question."   We talk for a little over an  hour, the rain stops so we go out to dry the tennis courts.  Friday he comes after school and I ask him how did he do in the exam.  He says I don't know but so far my best mark in the class was a c.
His mother's job included driving, so on Monday the car drives up, Gabriel gets out of the car running into the center.  "Howard, Howard,  WE got an 'A'."
 
Please 'CLICK' your reaction in a box, just below


No comments:

Post a Comment