Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stanley; part 2



Hospital
Stanley?  You still up?
"Yah."
"What time is it?"
"Its 12.01, can't you see the clock?"
Stanley.  That means its Tuesday.  I told you that Doctor was wrong. He can't be too clever.  He could set a new world record for being wrong."
"I'm gonna get a second opinion."
"Well, forget that. I got something important. Did you know Glen Beck wrote a book?"
"I didn't read it." "Good.  But I just think you should see it.  Look at the picture he picked out to be on the cover.  He’s sneering and is dressed in a nazi uniform."
"Nooooo."

"Yeah.  And it’s a good picture too, he looks just like a storm trooper.  The thing is, what kind of a mind would think a picture like that would help the sales of his book?  It screams out loud who he  is."
"Well maybe you’re right, some friends were trying to tell me things about him.  I think I’m not gonna listen to him anymore."

"Come on Stanley, now you’re just trying to make me feel better."
"Mr Kaufman, did you hear me calling the States Attorney’s office?"
"Stanley, I took my hearing aid out, its still out.  But no matter, you really talk too loud.  its after 12 and they can hear you in the next room."
"Well this guy, who’s a friend of the family, got my check book and cashed a check for $1125.00.  I’m not going to let him get away with it.  I need that money.  I changed my bank but I can’t get my money back."
"What did the attorney general’s office say."
 "They said I should write them a letter or an email."
"You’re lucky."
"Lucky?"
"Whenever I make that kind of call they tell me to press #1 or #2 and then by the time I press all the combinations I either  forget what the hell I was calling for, or I get disconnected." 
"I’m not onto this new stuff."
"No cel phone." 
"Yeah I got a cel phone.  Oh Jesus, the bill is due.  But I mean tech stuff, I just use it for a phone."
"Well listen Stanley, I got this friend and I was trying to get him to get a computer.  Couldn’t  do it.  Stubborn, just like you.  But anyway
he’s a Catholic and he comes into my office after he comes back from visiting Europe. He went to Rome, and the Vatican.   He starts telling me how much he enjoyed seeing Michelangelo and the ceiling."


I say, " wait a minute.  Come over here."  I sit down at a computer in my office, the one my secretary uses when she’s doing stuff in my office, I punch a few keys.  The screen starts flashing and after I hit a few more we can see inside the Chapel .  . . . . . .And then we can see the painting on the ceiling. I make it larger . . .and larger . . . and larger. His mouth is open, he's gaping. 
He Says, "Howard, I'm going to get a computer. Will you still show me how to use it?
 
Please 'CLICK' your reaction in a box, just below  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I'm Going to pull up Michelangelo.

    ReplyDelete