Friday, March 11, 2011

Guilty, (The case)


He is in South Beach with a prominent pro basketball player for the local pro team, a friend from his college days.  In the recent past the friend, a starter for the Heat  had been mugged, he lost some money and jewelry but mostly his pride.  So he carries a licensed gun. 
"Oh geeze, I forgot.  My license does not permit me to carry a gun in places that serve alcohol,  I can't go in here unless you stay outside and hold my gun for me.  I'll be out in less than 15 minutes." 
The door closes and a few minutes later two cops who are driving by stop, come over and ask what he is doing?  He says he is waiting for a friend.  They say someone told them he was dealing, they frisk him and find the gun.  Its a dilemma.  One thing he knows, for sure, involve his friend and the media will have a feeding frenzy.  It could do a lot of stuff to his friend, all bad.   He calls a mutual friend who calls the friend who calls a lawyer who posts bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment