Saturday, March 19, 2011

Busted (Raz)

Two friends convinced Raz that riding around shooting cars with a paint gun was harmless fun because the paint was water soluble. This might be true if one of the first cars you paint isn't an unmarked patrol car. His mother called and asked if I could help. He was at the Surfside police station.. Someone at the station knew just how to handle it. First they scared the hell out of them, then they waited to be sure the paint came off easily. When it did they let them go.
Raz was always  serious. He wanted to be somebody.  His mom and dad were going to be proud of him .He had a very good serve and filled the  apartment with trophies. If he put the same intensity into his tennis as he did after deciding to be a doctor, he would have been a great player.
His roommate at med school (UM)  was the son of a best selling author who got impossible to get tickets to a trendy South Beach concert. Prices were ridiculous. Seems everyone wanted to go.  Except Raz, who said,
"Its killing me, but I cant go. I got a paper coming up and its due on Monday."

One of the fathers of a kid Raz often played as a junior came over to me and said,  Howard you know I'm a veteran.  Well I just came out of the Veteran's hospital.  Guess who  the doctor taking care of me was?    Raz.
"Well you look well, he  must have done a good job."

Please click a box below to show your reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment